Multiwall polycarbonate is a condensation control, easy to install, lightweight, light transmission, and a bending radii panel for greenhouse house construction. Multiwall is the premier material for greenhouses. It has a long-term unique protection under intensive UV exposure. Sheets may bend longitudinally available colors are clear, opal, and bronze. Custom colors can be produced with a special order. Some of the distinguished benefits of multiwall sheeting include:
- Easy to Install: Polycarbonate is 200 times stronger than glass so panels resist cracking and splitting during cutting and drilling and very light weight material.
- Wide Panels: Standard widths 4 feet and 6 feet up to 24 feet long in stock above 24 feet special order up to 39 feet.
- Light Transmission: Multiwall polycarbonate sheets provide a wide variety of thickness and colors providing up to 82% visible light. They have a clear co-extruded outer surface which provides high stability against the effects of UV radiation and gives excellent durability to outdoor weathering.
- Weight: Weighing just one-eighth the weight of glass, polycarbonate does not need the extensive structural support that a heavier glass or glazing material requires.
- Bending Radii: Multiwall sheets can be cold formed and used in many curved applications, for examples arched walkways, pool covers, and patios. Polycarbonate sheet must only be bent longitudinally, never across the width of the sheet.
- Snap H, U Profiles, and Washers: These are components for installing sheets to finish the job correctly. Snap H profiles are for connecting the polycarbonate sheets side by side. The U profiles to protect the top and bottom from dirt and insects entering between the walls. Washers have the gasket on them to protect damaging the multiwall sheets when installing and to create a watertight seal.
Corrugated polycarbonate is lightweight, virtually unbreakable, easy to install, high light transmission, reduced UV transmission and has good chemical stability. Corrugated polycarbonate sheeting also provides for condensation control, temperature management, and carries a 10-year warranty. Some features include:
- Lightweight: An eight of the weight of glass, corrugated sheet does not require extensive structural support and is easy to handle and install.
- Virtually Unbreakable: Corrugated polycarbonate sheet is 20 times stronger than fiberglass and over 120 times stronger than traditional glass. Resisting windstorm hail, wind-borne objects, and vandalism, polycarbonate sheeting can withstand 235 pounds per inch of impact within a temperature range -40 degrees F to 240 degrees F as measured by ASTM D 3029.
- Design Types: Greca, Sine Wave, and Arc wave.
- Light Transmission: Corrugated polycarbonate sheet meets the requirements of approved light transmitting under the recognized by ICBO, BOCA, AND SBCC. Clear sheet transmits visible light –up to 90% per measured by ASTM standards.
- Reduced UV Transmission: Corrugated polycarbonate is opaque to ultraviolet light at wavelengths below 385 nanometers. UV protection will help prevent fading and discoloration of interior décor as well as protect tender seedlings and greenhouse crops. Remaining clear for many years, polycarbonate corrugated sheet is backed by a ten-year warranty against yellowing.
- Solar Energy: During early morning and late afternoon hours, standard flat glazing reflects solar light and energy. The profiles of corrugated sheet are engineered to capture light for increased solar gain during colder winter months to save energy cost in greenhouses and other structures.