It is no coincidence that Tru Vue's Optium Museum Acrylic® finds itself being used in some of the most demanding and delicate glazing applications around the world. Not only does this acrylic sheet offer 99% UV Blockage to protect the most sensitive pieces, it also is Anti-Reflective, has an Abrasion Resistant hard coat, and is Anti-Static. If you have a nice piece of artwork you want to protect, look no further than Tru Vue Acrylic Sheets.
- 99% UV Protection
- Superior UV protection to preserve fragile works and other items from being harmed by UV rays.
- Allows limited reflection for optimal viewing.
- Abrasion Resistant
- Hard coat helps prevent minor scratches from transit as well as highly trafficked areas.
- Ideal for charcoal and pastel applications, as well as reducing dust accumulation on the surface.
Additional Features & Benefits of Optium Museum Acrylic®
- Boasts >98% light transmission for excellent clarity.
- At half the weight of glass, the Optium Museum Acrylic® is a great choice for large applications.
- Easier to clean than standard UVF acrylic.
- Available in various gauges and sheet sizes.
- Excellent shatter resistance
Testing & Certifications
- Passes Photographic Activity Test (PAT) ISO 18916
- Meets ISO 18902 section 3.9
- <1.0E+12 Surface Resistivity (Ohms/square
- Passes Outgassing Oddy Test.
- Passes Humidity Resistance MIL-C-48497A para 188.8.131.52
- Passes RoHS Compliance ASTM B117-03
- Passes Corrosion Resistance (Salt Fog) ASTM B117-03 & B368-03 & B368-97
- Passes Coating Adhesion (Snap Tape) MIL-C-48497A para 184.108.40.206
- Passes Solubility MIL-C-48497A
- Accelerated Aging 2000 hours (~100 years) of Q-sun Xenon Arc Testing at exposure intensity of 100,000 lux properties remain unchanged
- Conservation Grade Protection
- ISO 18902 Photo Safe, Safe for Friable Materials
Optium Museum Acrylic in the Rijksmuseum
TruVue Conservation Grade UV Coating Technology